ANA ONLINE Explained
THIS IS OUR 2015 WEBSITE. FOR 2016/2017 WORKSHOPS, PLEASE VISIT http://anovelapproach.net
For years we have had students say to us “I live too far away to commit to evening courses every two weeks. But I know this course is what I need to help me get my book finished. Do you have an online version?”
The answer is YES.
A Novel Approach is available as an online/email correspondence course in both memoir and fiction.
Students in this virtual classroom follow the same bi-weekly writing production schedule as students who attend the in-person workshops. (3000 words every two weeks).
The facilitator reads the work and emails back written feedback every two weeks via the COMMENTS feature in Microsoft Word.
Every two weeks each participant will be emailed a lesson on one of the key elements of storytelling.
The facilitator and writer will share a one hour, in-person conversation by telephone or Skype, after every second workshop submission date. During these sessions the author and facilitator may discuss the progress of the manuscript, review the lesson plan, or share any other aspects of the process that the participant would like to discuss. The full schedule for these meetings is outlined in the ONLINE Timetable.
We limit the number of ONLINE participants, so REGISTERING and PAYING the DEPOSIT is the only guarantee of enrollment. Participants are accepted on a first-come, first served basis..
If you are considering this ONLINE course, this is what you will need:
- Access to a computer and the internet
- A moderate level of comfort with operating in an on-line environment
- An email address
- A word processor: Microsoft Word or Open Office
- A moderate level of comfort with using word processing technology (Microsoft Word, Open Office Word, text documents, etc.)
- A Skype account for video conferencing. If not, a telephone for the one-on-one conversations
- The ability to watch video on your computer over the Internet if we recommend videos or other online learning opportunities