Most events are installed on their deadline date, unless there is a long submission window or unless it's a rolling submission.
P=Poetry, N=Nonfiction, F=Fiction
- This event has passed.
P – Green Linden Press: Wishing Jewel Prize
November 30, 2021 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$3
The Wishing Jewel Prize honors an innovative manuscript that challenges expectations of genre, form, or mode while engaging the rich possibilities of lyrical expression. Named for an essay in Anne Carson’s innovative book Plainwater, we look forward to work that questions the boundaries of what poems and books can be.
- Contest awards $1000 and publication.
- All finalists considered for publication.
- We welcome simultaneous submissions, multiple submissions, co-authored manuscripts, and manuscripts in translation.
- Send an unpublished manuscript (48 pages minimum) with identifying information removed.
- If your work includes non-textual components, these may be included in the manuscript (preferred, if possible) or attached separately.
- Include an acknowledgments page indicating any poems, writings, art, etc. that has been previously published.
- Include a brief biographical statement in the space below. If you are uploading more than one file, please explain their relationship, sequence, etc. You may also describe your manuscript / project if you would like.
- The reading fee is necessary because it helps fund the publication of our books. There are several options: (1) general reading fee, (2) general reading fee and a discounted book—note: we are not offering this for international submitters—, and (3) a discounted rate for students and those experiencing financial difficulty.
- Green Linden Press intends to publish one or more manuscripts from this contest; however, we reserve the right to publish no manuscripts if we feel that none fit our aesthetic.
- Contest will judged by Christopher Nelson, the editor of Green Linden Press, in consultation (if necessary) with our advisory board of poets.
- A portion of the proceeds from this contest will support reforestation efforts.
- Submitters to Green Linden Press agree to receive updates about future publications and submission opportunities. You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Direct comments or questions to Christopher Nelson, editor: greenlindenpress at gmail dot com.
- Deadline: November 30. Contest results will be announced in March.