Most events are installed on their deadline date, unless there is a long submission window or unless it's a rolling submission.
P=Poetry, N=Nonfiction, F=Fiction
- This event has passed.
PFN – The Fieldstone Review Seeks Submissions on the Theme: “Reversals”
March 1 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The theme of this year’s edition is REVERSALS. Turning points. Twists. Changing fortunes and shifting gears. We want your clever, surprising and dizzying reversals––be it through character, plot or formal elements! We are proud to announce that this year we are able to offer a literary prize of $100 CAD for the best submission as chosen by our editorial team!
- We accept electronic submissions only.
- The deadline for submissions is March 1st, 2023.
- Be sure to include the following information in the body of your email:
- Your full name and contact information
- A 50-100 word biography
- The title(s) of the work(s) submitted
- Notification if the work is a simultaneous submission.
- Please include a *content warning* if the work contains triggering content.
- The Fieldstone Review practices blind reviewing.
- Please do not indicate your name or identifying information anywhere in the attachment containing your submission.
- Submissions should be in Times New Roman, 12-point font, double-spaced, with 1-inch margins.
- Poetry submissions may vary as necessary.
- Documents should be attached in .doc/.docx format. However, .pdf is suitable for poems with unique formatting.
- POETRY: One submission per author to a max of six pages, sent as a single attachment.
- FICTION: One submission per author to a max of 5,000 words.
- NONFICTION: One submission per author to a max of 2,500 words, OR two submissions to a max of 1,000 words each.
- REVIEWS: Responses to Canadian or Indigenous works published in the last two years (fiction, poetry, film, etc.) to a max of 2000 words. Submit a pitch first of one short paragraph, including: what content your review will explore, why, and estimated word count.
Authors may submit to more than one category if they adhere to the above guidelines. Submissions that violate the above guidelines may not be considered for publication.