Most events are installed on their deadline date, unless there is a long submission window or unless it's a rolling submission.
P=Poetry, N=Nonfiction, F=Fiction
- This event has passed.
PNF – Abandon Journal Issue #3. Theme “Abandon Time”
November 30 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Issue #3 of Abandon Journal is open for submissions until 11/30/21. The theme is “Abandon Time” (interpret that as you wish). No fees for general subs. Accepting just about anything, as long as it is created with abandon, and we pay our contributors. See abandonjournal.com/submissions for full guidelines.
We want to showcase writing and artwork that has been created with abandon. That term is free to be interpreted liberally, but ideally it is the kind of work that takes risks, created in a space wherein the artist doesn’t care what anyone else thinks or what everyone else is doing. This means that we’re open to so-called “genre fiction,” from mystery to sci-fi to romance to fantasy to horror to whatever strikes your fancy. As long as the writing is powerful and abandons the preconceived notions of what is expected, we want to read it
- Flash (fiction or nonfiction): max 1,000 words each (1-3 pieces at a time, please)
- Short story: max 7,500 words
- Longer story: 7,500-12,000 words
- Creative nonfiction: max 8,000 words
- Poetry: any length or form (please send no more than five poems at a time)
- Abandon Form: this is hybrid, experimental, and/or idiosyncratic work that doesn’t fit into conventional genres, categories, or forms, and can be of any length